Docademia is the "Airbnb" for social justice documentaries! We offer a video-on-demand service that connects indie documentary filmmakers from around the world with faculty and students at colleges and universities in North America.
We’re currently looking for new Interns interested in working remotely to join us.
Our Interns will participate in activities such as:
• Reviewing films
• Developing topic-based activities for the films
• Conducting at least one cross-cultural seminar such as:
- Film event- Screening and Q&A with filmmaker(s)
- Film Screening and discussion
- Conducting events (e.g.- Webinar) with professors/ groups etc.
- Conducting events with K-12 schools
- Leading sessions on curriculum development
- Leading sessions in conjunction with professors
- Conducting an event within the local community via- church, library, clubs, organizations, etc. including:
-- Film event- Screening and Q&A with filmmaker(s)
-- Film Screening and discussion
• Producing materials for social media channels, newsletters, etc.
• Other opportunities as determined by Docademia and Intern
• And, earning credit for school (as applicable)
• Current graduate level enrollment or recent graduate of Humanities or related field
• Passion for social justice
• International Experience preferred
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Computer skills: Google Drive, Skype, Photo/Video editing
• Strong communication skills: writing, editing, social media
• Access to reliable internet required
* Please note: This is an unpaid internship opportunity.