Docademia is seeking interns to join our dynamic team! This is a great opportunity for students interested in social justice to be part of our film evaluation project on social documentaries from across the world.
Docademia is a social initiative that uses independent documentaries to bring social justice discussions to life in classrooms. We offer a video-on-demand film catalog and Live Q&A service with the filmmakers/activists to connect independent documentarians from around the world with faculty members and students at colleges and universities.
The interns will be supervised by a member of the Film Evaluation team to watch and select documentaries suitable for classroom use. The interns will receive training on the film evaluation process and how to utilize our tools and database. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to social justice issues across the globe, and enhance critical thinking skills, computer/Google Docs proficiency, and organizational skills.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Current juniors, seniors, graduate students or recent graduates of the Social Sciences, Humanities or other related fields
- Passion for social justice
- International Experience preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer skills: Google Drive, Skype or Zoom
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Access to the reliable internet connection is required
For inquiries or if interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2018.